A brave betta fish battles flames in Eagan, Minnesota.

Turns out the water in Dory the betta fish’s glass home was handy for more than just breathing. He “used” it to put out a fire at the school where he lives! When someone accidentally left a candle burning after school, the box beneath the candle caught fire.


Flames spread to papers and books near Dory, and eventually the heat shattered the glass. Water gushed over the flames, putting them out. Firefighters met only smoke—and an unhappy-looking Dory flopping in two inches of water. Now in a new tank in a new classroom, Dory is the class favorite. Looks like a fish rules in this school!

Amazing Animals videos