In this Special Halloween Issue of National Geographic Kids, meet two “ghosts of the sea.” These captive beluga whales got a brand-new home in the ocean, thanks to marine conservationists who helped safely move them to a sanctuary. Then bust a few bat myths to learn the truth about these flying mammals and why they get a bad rap. Next, do the monster mash and check out the origin stories of mythical beasts to see how they became legends. Plus, take a peek at three pieces of technology in a ghost hunter’s toolkit, then decide for yourself if they work. Finally, see the results of our latest Whatcha Think? polls to find out which pop-culture ghost Nat Geo Kids readers most want to hang out with and what's best about Halloween.
Other stories in this month's issue:
• Amazing Animals: See adorable photos of pets wearing costumes.
• Weird But True: Check out fun facts you can share with your friends.
• Guinness World Records: Read about a supersize T. rex, a fountain of chocolate, and the heaviest jack-o'-lantern.
• 30 Cool Things: Discover creepy facts that will make you shiver.
• Bet You Didn't Know: Learn seven gag-worthy truths to gross you out.
Get these stories and more in the October issue, on sale September 8.
Parents: Subscribe to the magazine.