In this issue of National Geographic Kids, discover how giraffes stick together to raise their young, then check out how arctic foxes change it up when the weather warms. Next, learn 30 cool things about Tokyo, where the Summer Olympics will be held after COVID-19 canceled the games last year. And you'll go behind the scenes as scientists attempt to land a robot on an ancient space rock. You'll also see the results of our latest Whatcha Think? poll, plus get a free pull-out poster of gentoo penguins. Finally, be sure to visit the giveaways page from July 7-14 for a chance to win the Zeus the Mighty Activity Book, then again July 19-26 for a chance to win a safari trunk.
Other stories in this month's issue:
• Amazing Animals: Meet a rock-climbing kitty, raccoons that "rob" a bank, and a cuttlefish that wears 3D glasses.
• Weird But True: Check out fun facts you can share with your friends.
• Guinness World Records: Read about a huge crab, an expensive sandwich, and a man covered in sticky notes.
• Naughty Pets: Meet a cat, dog, and bird that are up to no good.
• Bet You Didn't Know: Find out seven explosive facts about volcanoes.
Get these stories and more in the August issue, on sale June 29.
Parents: Subscribe to the magazine.