In this issue of National Geographic Kids, go out on a limb to learn about margays and how their amazing climbing skills make these tree cats the acrobats of the rainforest. Then meet five mighty royals from ancient Egypt. Pharaohs like Hatshepsut, Ramses II, and Cleopatra VII were fabulously wealthy and instructed their people to build the pyramids, temples, and tombs that we can still visit today. Next, find out how an orphaned baby hippo received a lift from kind helpers in the African country of Zambia. And you'll go behind the scenes with five Nat Geo Explorers to see their silliest slipups and how they rank on our goof-o-meter. You'll also learn the results of our latest Whatcha Think? poll. Plus, get free Collector's Cards and a pull-out poster of a strawberry hermit crab.
Other stories in this month's issue:
• Amazing Animals: Meet a llama that delivers groceries and a pair of presidential pups.
• Weird But True: Check out fun facts you can share with your friends.
• Guinness World Records: Read about a speedy stroller, a tightrope-crossing dog, and a human rocket.
• Bet You Didn't Know: Get six rad facts about the beach.
• Critter Chat: Follow a spectacled bear’s day as it updates its feed.
Get these stories and more in the June / July issue, on sale May 18.
Parents: Subscribe to the magazine.