Pilgrim Ship Vegetable Platter
Have your parents help you create this delicious vegetable platter.
YOU WILL NEED
- A large zucchini
- Prepared vegetable dip
- Off-white construction paper
- Wooden skewers
- Clear tape
- Carrot sticks and other veggies
1. Cut a long, thin slice off one side of the zucchini to create a flat bottom so the "ship" won't roll.
2. Carve an oval bowl shape into the top of the zucchini and scoop out the insides. Then fill the bowl with dip.
3. Cut sail shapes out of construction paper. Break or cut skewers so they are about 8 inches (20 centimeters) long and tape on the sails. Poke the skewers into the zucchini ship to make masts.
4. Use your Pilgrim ship as a festive centerpiece surrounded by fresh veggies. Set out an extra dish of dip on the side.
Text by National Geographic Kids staff
Photograph by Rebecca Hale