Family Ice Cream Sandwich Night
Ask your parents to join you when you make these homemade, ice cream sandwiches!
YOU WILL NEED (SERVES FOUR)
- 2 cups (475 mL) of your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 8 large cookies
RECOMMENDED COOKIE/ICE CREAM COMBOS
- Chocolate cookie/mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Peanut butter cookie/chocolate ice cream
- Vanilla cookie/strawberry ice cream
- Chocolate chip cookie/vanilla ice cream
1. Let ice cream sit out for ten minutes.
2. Top four cookies with 1/2 cup (120 mL) ice cream.
3. Top each one with another cookie to form ice cream sandwiches!
4. Wrap the four cookies in plastic or wax paper and freeze until firm.
5. Break out these ice cream-filled sandwiches for dessert on a hot night.
Text by Lyssa White
Photograph by Sean Justice/Getty Images