Chocolate-Dipped Pretzel Rods
Ask your parents for help making this tasty treat.
YOU WILL NEED
- One bag of pretzel rods
- 12-ounce (340-gram) bag semisweet or white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) butter
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Cookie sheet lined with waxed paper
- Spoon, flat spatula, and table knife
1. Put chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on high for 1 minute, 30 seconds. Stir with spoon. If the chips are not melted, heat for 30 more seconds and stir again.
2. Dip the spatula into the melted chocolate. Roll the pretzel rod in the chocolate on the spatula so it is half-covered. (Melted white chocolate can be a little lumpy, so you may need to smooth it over the pretzel with the knife.)
3. Lay each chocolate-dipped pretzel on the cookie sheet. Let the dipped pretzels sit for 30 minutes before serving. Do not refrigerate.
Text by National Geographic Kids staff
Photograph by Rebecca Hale