Summer Fun: Make a List!
The long weeks of summer fun stretch ahead of you. You'll have more time to spend with your friends and family since you won't have to worry about homework.
You probably have some great ideas for what to do to fill up the next few months. Why not make a list with your parents? Fill it with all the cool things you want to be sure to do as a family before the summer ends.
YOU WILL NEED
- A large sheet of paper or posterboard
- A pen or permanent marker
- Gold star stickers (other colors are fine, too!)
- Markers (optional)
- Other stickers, glitter glue, and other decorative touches (optional)
1. Sit down with your family and talk about the things you might like to do this summer. Create columns of different types of activities (such as things to learn, things to make, places to go, and so on), then fill them in.
2. Decorate your list! Draw pictures of the things you’ll be doing. Let your imagination run wild!
3. Each time you complete an activity on your list, mark it with a gold star. See how many stars you can collect before you go back to school.
Keep watching kids.nationalgeographic.com for fun summer activity ideas you can add to your list!
Text by Sara Zeglin
Photograph by Gallo Images/Anthony Strack