Wild Bird Treat
Make this easy craft to feed the hungry birds this winter.
YOU WILL NEED
- Wild bird seed mix
- Creamy peanut butter
- String, thread, or twine
1. Pour a pile of bird seed onto the newspaper.
2. Using a dull knife, fill the spaces in the pinecone with peanut butter.
3. Roll the sticky pinecone in the bird seed and push the seeds into the crevices with your fingers. Make sure you fill it up with seeds.
4. Tie the string onto the top of the pinecone. Cut the string, leaving it at least six inches long.
5. Hang the pinecone from a tree outside as a treat for wild birds.
Text and photo by NG Kids staff