Celebrate the New Year with a noisemaker you can make yourself.
YOU WILL NEED
- A recycled jar or container with lid
- Old newspaper, leftover wrapping paper, or scrap construction paper
- Stickers, markers, or magazine cutouts
- Glue or tape
- Small objects such as keys, bottle caps, marbles, or dried beans or corn kernels
- Ribbons or streamers (optional)
1. Place the paper around the open container and cut to fit around the outside of it.
2. Write "Happy New Year" and the year on the paper. Then decorate it with stickers, markers, and magazine cutouts.
3. Glue or tape the paper to the container.
4. Attach ribbons or streamers to the lid of the container for some extra decoration.
5. Partially fill the container with small objects from the list. Put on the lid and tape it securely in place. Then get shakin'!
Text by Kristin Hunt
Photograph by Sara Zeglin