YOU WILL NEED
- Large paper clip
- Tacky glue
- 8-inch (20.3-centimeter) Styrofoam ball
- 8 to 10 old CDs (ask for permission to use them)
WHAT TO DO
- Straighten the paper clip and bend it into a U-shape. Dip both ends of the clip in glue, then stick them into the Styrofoam ball.
- With a parent’s help, use scissors to cut the CDs into irregular one-inch pieces. (Be very careful of sharp edges!)
- Rest the ball on top of a bowl to keep it from rolling. Dab glue in the center of a CD piece on the side that is less shiny. Press onto the ball.
- Repeat until half of the ball is covered. Let dry. Repeat on the other half of the ball. Tie the string around the paper clip loop, and hang near a window or light. Then start practicing your dance moves.
Text by NGS Staff
Photograph by Rebecca Hale