Photograph by Rebecca Hale
YOU WILL NEED
- Yellow hooded sweat suit
- Yellow felt
- Thick, fuzzy yellow and brown yarn
- Face paint
WHAT TO DO
- For the lion’s mane, cut a piece of yarn long enough to tie around your head with the hood up.
- Tie three-inch-long pieces of yellow and brown yarn all around the long piece of yarn. Make fur cuffs for your wrists the same way.
- For the tail, cut a long strip of felt and glue yarn to the end.
- Cut two ears out of the felt.
- Tie the lion’s mane around your hood and secure it with safety pins.
- Pin the ears and tail in place and tie on the fur cuffs.
- Paint on a brown nose and whiskers and practice your roar.
Trick-or-Treat for Big Cats
Ask your parents if you can trick-or-treat for Big Cats this Halloween! Learn more about the National Geographic Big Cats Initiative and how to Trick-or-Treat for Big Cats at causeanuproar.org/kids.