YOU WILL NEED
- A package of dry yeast
- Crust mix (flour, sugar, and salt)
- A bottle of olive oil
- 8-ounce (227 gram) jar of pizza sauce
- 8 ounces (227 grams) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings such as pepperoni, green pepper, onion, dry red pepper flakes, oregano, and grated parmesan
- Pizza pan or cookie sheet
- Large mixing bowl to display all the items
HOW TO MAKE CRUST MIX
- Put 2 1/2 cups (1 1/4 pints) flour, 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) sugar, and 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) salt in a resealable bag.
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA
- Mix the yeast with one cup of warm water and let it rest for five minutes.
- In the bowl, combine the crust mix with two teaspoons of oil and the yeast mixture. Knead until blended.
- Let the dough rise for 20 minutes.
- Press the dough onto a greased pan and add sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius) for about 20 minutes.
Text by National Geographic Kids staff
Photograph by Rebecca Hale