YOU WILL NEED
- Paper towels
- Old towels to use as rags
- Ingredients for homemade car shampoo (dishwashing liquid, powdered laundry detergent, and water)
- Spray bottle of window cleaner
- Homemade car air freshener (craft foam, cookie cutter, scissors, perfume or cologne, hole puncher, string)
- Nice bucket to display all the items
HOW TO MAKE CAR SHAMPOO
- In a bucket, mix one-third cup (.16 pint) of dishwashing liquid, one-quarter cup (.12 pint) of powdered laundry detergent, and one gallon (eight pints) of water.
HOW TO MAKE AN AIR FRESHENER
- Trace the shape of a cookie cutter onto craft foam, then cut out the shape.
- With an adult's permission, spray the foam with perfume or cologne several times. Let dry.
- Punch a hole at the top and tie a string through the hole.
- Hang the air freshener from the car's rearview mirror.
Text by National Geographic Kids staff
Photograph by Rebecca Hale