HOW DOES IT WORK?
Water is denser than oil. Plus, the two liquids never mix. So when the water moves, it pushes the oil around, making shapes like waves.
YOU WILL NEED
- Clear jar with lid
- Blue food coloring
- Baby oil
- Plastic floating toys
1. Fill the jar halfway with water.
2. Add drops of food coloring until you like the color you see. Shake in a little glitter.
3. Pour in baby oil until the jar is three-quarters full.
4. Place a floating toy on top of the oil, then screw on the lid tightly.
5. Shake the jar gently to set your ocean in motion.