National Geographic Education and Children’s Media
National Geographic is the ultimate destination for kids of all ages who are curious about their world and how it works.
National Geographic sparks curiosity and inspires kids to learn about the world.
We are the leading nonfiction kids’ publisher in the country. Vetted by education experts, leveled, and aligned to standards, National Geographic Kids Books and education materials are perfect for building your library and classroom collection. National Geographic has a long history of providing high-quality educational texts in our fun and smart signature style that kids and educators love.
- National Geographic Kids magazine, for ages 6-14 (and Nat Geo Little Kids for preschoolers!)
- National Geographic Kids books—over 600 titles, including our best-selling Kids Almanac and Nat Geo Readers.
- National Geographic Learning—Through our partnership with Cengage, we are a leading educational publisher of preK-12, higher education, English Language Teaching, library, and reference materials.
National Geographic empowers kids to make the world a better place.
Our leadership programs give kids the inspiration and tools they need to make a difference.
National Geographic Student Experiences inspire kids to think of themselves as explorers.
We compliment learning with hands-on programs including:
- National Geographic Bee —a competition that tests students knowledge of the world and everything in it
- Engineering Exploration Challenge—an annual creative and clever challenge to solve real-world problems
- Giant Traveling Maps—larger than life maps, available for school rental
- And more! Other National Geographic programs bring our explorers into the classroom or get students out to explore their world.
Whether it’s through the National Geographic magazines that kids know and love or our many books, digital experiences, live lectures, or student expeditions, we help kids explore the world in school and beyond.