Your August Mission
Are you thirsty for lemonade? Your challenge is to mix some up—and give out some lion aid as well! Set up a lemonade stand but instead of just lemonade, sell your customers on the importance of saving big cats. Then consider donating your earnings to help save them.
We need your help to protect endangered animals like lions. Donations to Mission Animal Rescue help protect big-cat territory, enable farmers to keep their livestock safe from lions, fund research on animals and their habitats, and so much more. Ask your parents or legal guardian to consider texting ANIMAL to 50555 to give ten dollars.*
Which is the tastiest summer treat?
Check out tips for setting up a “lion aid” stand:
- Look up the weather forecast and pick a good day to sell “lion aid.” You’ll likely get more customers on hot days when people could use a refreshing drink.
- Create a fun sign to hang on your “lion aid” stand or print out a Mission Animal Rescue poster for the table.
- Set up your “lion aid” stand in an area with a lot of foot traffic such as outside of a school or by a shopping center. (But be sure to get permission first!)
- Bring along all the ingredients you need for making lemonade as well as cups and a donation jar. Don’t forget to taste test your product before giving it out.
- Come up with your sales pitch! Think of ways to explain the purpose of your “lion aid” stand to customers.
What's your favorite cool treat?
HELP SAVE ANIMALS!
Ask your local vet if you can watch him or her work for a day, especially when there are appointments with cats.
Plan and film a short documentary about a cat. You could focus your movie on where the cat lives, how it behaves, or how it spends a typical day.
Interview an expert and conduct research on your favorite big cat. Then write an article about that species for your school or city newspaper.
Roam like a lion by going for a long hike with your family. A lion’s territory can include a hundred square miles!
More About Mission Animal Rescue
Mission Animal Rescue charges you to save our planet's most endangered and threatened animals. The initiative aims to inspire you to learn as much as possible about endangered animals and to take action to rescue them.
Through this site and through the Mission Animal Rescue books, you will have the opportunity to learn in-depth information about endangered animals, and to access resources and activities that help you get involved. By combining education, habitat protection, and a global network of volunteers, activists, and advocates, we can build a better world for animals and ourselves!
*Charges will appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your prepaid balance.
All purchases must be authorized by account holder. Must be 18 years of age or have parental permission to participate. Message and data rates may apply.
￼Text STOP to 50555 to stop receiving text messages. Text HELP to 50555 for help.
Full terms: www.mGive.org/T
Photograph by © Martiapunts, Dreamstime