Humans have been carving and drawing on rocks for thousands of years.
Find rocks in your neighborhood and use them as a canvas to make beautiful art of your own! For inspiration, look at some Native American rock art or early human rock art from around the world.
YOU WILL NEED
- Flat rocks (river rocks are nice and smooth)
- Soap and sponge
- Paint, paintbrushes
1. Look up some designs on the website for Newspaper State Park in Utah.
2. Clean your rocks with soap and sponge to make sure they are clean.
3. Start painting! Acrylic or outdoor paint will last longest.
4. Display your rocks in a garden or bring them inside to use as a paperweight.
Photo credits: Lori Epstein, NG Creative