YOU'RE CURIOUS—THAT'S WHY YOU'RE HERE ON NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS! BUT IT ALSO MIGHT MEAN THAT YOU HAVE SOME QUESTIONS. HERE ARE OUR ANSWERS TO SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED ONES:
WHY SHOULD I ASK MY PARENTS TO SIGN ME UP FOR NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS?
National Geographic Kids website is your go-to place to have fun learning about animals, science, and nature through cool facts, funny videos, awesome games and more! By registering, you (and your parents) will have your own private area where you can personalize your time with National Geographic Kids. Pretty soon you'll be able to choose your own avatars and themes, and earn badges for completing challenges on the site and there will be fresh new games, pictures and videos added all the time.
I FORGOT MY NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS PASSWORD.
Hey, it happens! Just click here to reset.
WHAT IS THE TECHNICAL TERM FOR A FEAR OF PAPER?
Papyrophobia; thanks for asking.
I WAS WONDERING ... WHAT DOES NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC DO WITH THE INFORMATION THAT IT GETS WHEN I REGISTER?
We asked for your parent's email address so that we could let them know that you want to be part of the National Geographic Kids' community. We care about your and your parent's privacy—their email address that you provided will not be used or shared for any other purpose, and the National Geographic Kids website will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information unless we get the OK from your parents.
If your parents don't want you to be part of the website, they can just ask us to delete their email address. To do this, please ask them to email us at email@example.com. Or if they're feeling old-school, they can write to NG Kids, Digital Media at the National Geographic Society, 1145 17th Street, Washington, D.C. 20036-4688. (You can send us fan mail at either address too!)
MY PARENTS HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED ON NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM. CAN I USE THEIR LOGIN INFORMATION ON THE KIDS' SITE?
Sorry, not yet, but we're working on it to make it easier for you and your parents.
IS IT TRUE THAT MESSAGES FROM YOUR BRAIN TRAVEL ALONG YOUR NERVES AT UP TO 200 MILES (322 KILOMETERS) PER HOUR?
Yes, that is weird, but true!
HOW DOES THIS WEBSITE WORK ANYHOW?
Here's how it works:
1. Sign up and join the National Geographic Kids community as an official member of our new site. By being one of the first ones in, you'll get a sneak peek at all the awesome stuff we have to offer. Plus, you can have your say by giving us feedback!
2. Look up and find the Go ball at the top of every page - it's your one-stop-shop to exploring the site. Here you'll find hours of exclusive shows and videos, fun facts about animals, space and more, and all-new games filled with surprising adventures.
3. Ready to play? Click on Games and go to town! Ready to watch? We have tons of exclusive shows and videos full of amazing animals, surprising adventures, fascinating facts and more!
4. Tell us what you think! We've created this new site just for you, so let us know how we can make it even better. Click the heart to like your favorite stuff, or shoot us an email about what you love, and what you'd like to see more of: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Check back. We're keeping you on your toes by adding new videos, games, facts and more all the time, so keep visiting and telling us what you want to see.
Have fun exploring!