Photograph by Pete Chinn
About the ShowTechnology is all around us. From computers to cameras, cell phones to satellite navigation—our dependence on technology has never been greater. But how many of us ever stop to question how these inventions actually came about? Challenging the commonly held view, that they appear fully formed, out of nowhere, The Link reveals the surprising origins of some of the most important technological breakthroughs of the modern world.
Meet the Host
Technology consultant Josh Klein doesn’t do things “by the book.” From computer networks to consumer hardware, Josh is an expert at taking things apart and putting them back together to produce something even better. Get to know more about the host.
Follow the Links
On the surface, ancient Chinese fireworks and modern-day forensic science seem to have very little in common. But they are connected in ways you might not expect. Follow the incredible journey of technology from fireworks to forensics.
How ancient Chinese technology set the stage for high-tech military drones
Nat Geo TV Blogs
- Rabbits: The Ultimate Urban Livestock?
- Fascinating Ways Our Brains Process Gender, According To ‘Brain Games’
- Hazen Audel’s Quest to “Survive the Tribe” Begins Tonight
- The Doomsday Preppers are Going Back to the Basics — New Season Premieres Tonight!
- Heroin on the Rise
- How to Dig a Hole With David Rees
- 5 Body Language Tricks That Give You Power
- 10 Misery-Inducing GIFs from Science of Stupid
- Drugs, Inc. Spurs the Conversation to Address Substance Abuse at Home
- How to Make Ice (That Doesn’t Suck) and Other Mundane Marvels Explored