About the ShowTravel across America with host John Bowler as he ventures into gadget-filled garages and junk-strewn backyards to meet amateur inventors who are making amazing(ly weird) things! Test-drive a jet-powered minivan, a fire-breathing wheelchair, a water-powered rocket belt, and more. Once we've seen what these 'mad scientists' are capable of, John challenges each inventor to improve one of their creations, and, with his help, build the coolest, weirdest thing they can think of. And here's the catch -- they only have 48 hours. The results? Well, it might work and it might not, but either way, "It's going to get weird!"
On the Topic of Mad Science
From Nikola Tesla to Leonardo da Vinci, history's most brilliant, creative technologists have exhibited their fair share of "crazy." Patrick J. Kiger writes in defense of mad scientists everywhere.
John joins forces with the Needham brothers to build a giant teeter-totter that spins on a telephone pole.
Nat Geo TV Blogs
- Hazen Audel’s Quest to “Survive the Tribe” Begins Tonight
- The Doomsday Preppers are Going Back to the Basics — New Season Premieres Tonight!
- Heroin on the Rise
- How to Dig a Hole With David Rees
- 5 Body Language Tricks That Give You Power
- 10 Misery-Inducing GIFs from Science of Stupid
- Drugs, Inc. Spurs the Conversation to Address Substance Abuse at Home
- How to Make Ice (That Doesn’t Suck) and Other Mundane Marvels Explored
- 23 Mind-Altering Facts About Your Brain
- 5 Hilarious Fails from Science of Stupid (w/ GIFs!)