About the Show
Airplanes are the lifeblood of Alaska, transporting critical supplies and rescuing the lost and injured in areas where roads don't reach. But violent weather and extreme terrain make these the most dangerous skies in the country, and bush pilots often go beyond the call of duty to get the job done. Alaska Wing Men goes inside this perilous profession to witness firsthand the risks they face.
Meet the Pilots: Dustin
Extreme skiers are making a new film, and the only way to get the first shot is to be flown to the top of a mountain otherwise unreachable and dropped out into the slopes. Cue Alaska Wing Men pilot Dustin.
Captains hire pilots to spot fish from the sky and point the boats in the right direction with potential to make big bucks.
Nat Geo TV Blogs
- Rabbits: The Ultimate Urban Livestock?
- Fascinating Ways Our Brains Process Gender, According To ‘Brain Games’
- Hazen Audel’s Quest to “Survive the Tribe” Begins Tonight
- The Doomsday Preppers are Going Back to the Basics — New Season Premieres Tonight!
- Heroin on the Rise
- How to Dig a Hole With David Rees
- 5 Body Language Tricks That Give You Power
- 10 Misery-Inducing GIFs from Science of Stupid
- Drugs, Inc. Spurs the Conversation to Address Substance Abuse at Home
- How to Make Ice (That Doesn’t Suck) and Other Mundane Marvels Explored